Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Get out of my damn way! (Blog)



Funny story.

Tonight, I was waiting in line for two rolls of quarters at the Customer Service counter at Winn Dixie.

It’s laundry night.

It’s about 8 p.m., and there’s only one person in line ahead of me.

A man rolls up, in a handicapped cart, and sighs impatiently behind me.

I talk to the cashier, and she goes in the back room to grab my quarters.

Meanwhile, the man behind me continues to sigh loudly. As soon as the cashier returns to me, before the transaction even ends, he speaks.

“Parliament Extra Lights.” he says, matter-of-factly, and glares at me.

Then, without warning, he proceeds to run into me with his handicapped cart!

What world do we live in where people think it’s acceptable to just run others over in the grocery store? I mean, I know I’ve been in a rush, but first of all I wasn’t even done with my transaction, and hadn’t gotten my quarters yet!

After running into my hip with the cart, he looks up at me, and says listlessly,

“Oh, shiiiiiit.”

Oh shit? Yeah, I concur.

I step aside, and could do nothing except laugh. I mean, how often can I say that someone impaled me with their shopping cart in the supermarket? I found the situation pretty funny.

I hope that man thinks of me when he’s smoking his extra lights tonight. The girl at Winn Dixie, with the long, black hair, and the hyena-like laughing that came from my mouth when the incident occurred.

I wonder who he’ll decide to hip-check next?

1 comment:

  1. OK, so let's sum up this guy's remarkable qualities:
    * Selfish
    * Lazy
    * Rude
    * Idiot
    Plus he probably smells like an ashtray.

    ReplyDelete