Thursday, April 15, 2010

Once a singer, always a singer (Blog)



I sing all the time.

When I get ready in the morning, in the shower (the sound is fantastic!), while I walk to class, in the library (quietly), and especially when I drive.

I'm a big fan of Broadway, Disney and pop music when I go on my singing escapades. Recently I've been really into Lady GaGa and Ke$ha, Michael Jackson ("Earth Song"? Ooh yeah!) and the song "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid Broadway musical.

Embarrassing, right? I know.

The car singing is probably the worst. I drive a little silver car, without any sort of tinted windows. People can see everything. Probably hear me, too. I go all out when I car-sing. Suddenly, my car transforms into a Broadway theater or sold-out auditorium, and it's just me and my hundreds of thousands of fans.

Then suddenly I'm brought back to reality, by the cars honking around me. I've been sitting at the green light, rocking out for the past few minutes.

It happens more than one would think.

If you've never car-sang or shower-sang before, I encourage you to do it. It doesn't matter who is listening, or if you're completely tone deaf. It's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment