Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting recognized (Blog)



So, I have my own radio show on WFCF 88.5 FM, Flagler College Radio. I absolutely love it, and Wednesdays from 9-11 are the highlight of my week.

Others have told me that I have a pretty distinct voice, but I didn't believe it until I was recognized in public - only by my voice.

I was in Target shopping for shampoo, and on the phone with my mom.

I noticed a woman looking at me, but I didn't think much of it. As soon as I hung up, she rushed over to me.

"Oh my gosh, are you DJ Lush?" she asked, excitedly.

I was so surprised she recognized me...but also weirded out she was listening to my telephone conversation (haha).

"Yep, that's me," I replied.

"What! No you aren't. You're lying," she said, suddenly doubting my identity.

The truth is - I am DJ Lush! I didn't know how to prove it to her though, and just wanted to pick out my shampoo and move on.

"Alright, well, if you're Lush, then say the weather report. You know, the one you read on the air," she demanded.

I did.

"Oh my god! Let me get my boyfriend...he loves your show!"

She pulled her phone out of her bag and called him. I talked to him on the phone.

Although it was flattering to know that people enjoy my radio show and listen every week, it was also strange to finally realize it. I mean, I've been doing this show for about a year now, and never knew people tuned in regularly.

The entire WFCF DJ crew is fantastic, and I encourage you to listen to all of their shows.

(Especially mine)

I'll be coming back to the airwaves in September, Fridays from 7-9 A.M. Be sure to tune in!

-DJ Lush

2 comments:

  1. I had so much fun with you on the radio yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun with you too! My listeners loved you.

    ReplyDelete