Thursday, April 15, 2010

Momentary panic! (Blog)



Last night I misplaced my favorite ring. The silver one, with blue stones and diamonds.

I took it off before I got into the shower and placed it on my cluttered desk. I didn't think much of it at the time.

Hours later, after coming home late at night, I was putting my jewelry away and couldn't find my ring. Anywhere.

Don't you hate that feeling when you've misplaced something incredibly important to you? That feeling of momentary panic, where nothing else matters except for finding what you've lost.

I know it's only a ring, and they can easily be replaced, but I was still so upset!

It was past midnight and I couldn't start my homework until I found my ring. I turned my room upside down, moving everything and checking under every surface.

I even turned on the bright, overhead light and nearly woke up my roommate in my panic.

And then: there it was!

Right under my desk chair. How did it get there? I don't know.

When you find what you've been looking for, such relief washes over you. I think this is something everyone has gone through, so hopefully you can relate.

I'm not taking off my ring again!

No comments:

Post a Comment